I may be older than you but I’m still young at heart! And I’ve got a few healthy thoughts to share with you, to encourage you, no matter your age!
You think you’re old? Listen to these historic facts:
- Seth, the third son of Adam and Eve, was born after Abel’s murder when Adam was 130 years old,
- and Seth died at 912 years of age.
- Remember…Moses climbed a mountain at 80 years of age.
- Abraham fathered a child at
- Sarah became a mother at 90 or 91 (the only woman whose age is mentioned in the Bible).
- Enoch, son of Jared, Father of Methuselah, was taken home by God at 365!
- Lamech died at 777, a few years before the Great Flood, and named his first son Noah.
- And today we think that living until we are 90 is miraculous!
Here’s a personal challenge for you. Take a little time to study those individual’s lives and check out how they used the time that God gave them!
1 John 5:11-12 – “…God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life: he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.”
Some things to remember:
- Freedom is never free!
- Make today count!
- As long as we have breath, we can pray!
- Remember to vote!
- Time is precious and life is a gift. Give it your best!
- Take a stand even if it means standing alone or using a cane or leaning on crutches!
- Stay alert and engaged!
Augustine wrote, “Trust the past to God’s mercy, the present to God’s love, and the future to God’s providence.”
And here’s your smile for the day — for those of us who are getting a little older and who have the goal of “keeping on keeping on”. (The following is said with tongue-in-cheek.)
God grant me the senility
to forget the people
I never liked anyway,
the good fortune
to run into the ones I do,
and the eyesight
to tell the difference!
Robin Cox is an avid learner who shares encouragement and life lessons from God’s Word. She plays a mean game of Scrabble when she’s not baking, cooking, quilting, or spending time curating her incredible flowers and plants. Robin has taught women’s Bible studies for years in the local church, special events, and professional businesswomen meetings. There’s not much that makes Robin happier than knowing a life has been changed by trusting in Jesus. The gift of hospitality and a love for people shines through her written words. Robin is delighted to find herself a contributor to The Savvy Rose (and we’re so happy to have her sharing her thoughts here!). Make yourself at home, grab a cup of tea, and sit awhile in the garden.